Image Map

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Weekend fun!

Hey there!  We hope all of our frugal followers are enjoying their weekend!  It's overcast here in Florida but it hasn't started raining... YET!  Hopefully we don't have a repeat of last weekend when the clouds decided to burst open right as the Florida Gator game was about to start... which after a several hour delay ultimately led to the game being canceled!  BOOOOO!  We were all sporting our orange and blue with delicious appetizers and drinks in hand, eagerly anticipating the first game of the season but ended up around the coffee table playing board games! Of course, we still enjoyed our amazing apps and bevs!  Here's a little glimpse of our food spread... dee-lish-us!  We made a layered taco dip, bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers, mozzarella caprese, buffalo chicken dip, and a fruit platter (you know, to keep it healthy haha)!  Best part of football season is the food!!! 

 
The boys are actually in Gainesville this weekend to watch the Gators beat Eastern Michigan live at The Swamp (the Gator's stadium).  Tyler's still to little for his first tailgating experience so him and I will be watching from the couch in our living room.  He's all smiles in his Gator onesie!  Kick off is at 4:00 and we'll be playing our own game of where's waldo looking for daddy in the crowd! 
 

In other news... yesterday marked the end of Melissa's third week of school.  I'm thankful to still be at home enjoying every second with my little one who officially turned 1 month old yesterday as well!  I can't believe he's already one month old... where has the time gone!  Melissa got him these adorable monthly stickers so I can have my own mini photo sesh at home!  Love them!  I'm excited to get back into the swing of things at school but not so much looking forward to leaving him!  I seriously have watched so much TV this summer, it's a little ridic!  I think I've watched every episode of Criminal Minds... twice! haha I also started a new Netflix series called The Killing!  If you like suspenseful, crime solving, mystery type shows, you'll love it!  I'm almost all the way through Orange is the New Black as well!  I wasn't kidding when I said that I've watched way too much TV this summer! haha  But in my defense, it has been an extremely rainy and incredibly hot summer, not to mention I was preggo for half of it and being a mommy the other half!  Many of our pool days got rained out and I wasn't big on the idea of sportin' the baby bump at the beach so this has been a low key kind of summer for me! That is, until this little guy made his debut!   
 


 
Its been so hectic with the start of a brand new school year and a newborn at home that Melissa and I haven't gotten to chat as much as usual and I know she's really missing me!  haha And of course, I'm missing her too!  We finally got to meet up for dinner and drinks and some much needed girl talk with some of our favs!  It's was so nice to get out and catch up with these lovely ladies and just relax after a long stressful week!  We talked school, life, love, babies and just had a grand ol' time!  So thankful for amazing friends!
 
 
I'll be heading back to school at the end of this month and will need a jumpstart to get back into my morning routine... COFFEE!  Old habits never die! haha Speaking of coffee... I spotted this little advertisement floating around on Facebook the other day.  I'm not sure if every Dunkin' Donuts is honoring this special but I'm definitely going to check it out next time I roll through the drive thru! It was sooo incredible hard to kick my coffee habit back when I found out I was pregnant, but I've been doing okay without it!  Life DOES go on without coffee... who knew!  I am looking forward to my first ice coffee on my first day back... a definite must have!  ANDDDD... pumpkin's back!!! Woohoo!


Well people, it's just about 4 o'clock!  Do you know what that means?  You guessed it!  It's football time!  I'm off to watch the Gators!  Enjoy your weekend everybody!!!


 


1 comment:

  1. Consumers should ask to see pictures of Florida Gator Apparel. Most commercial shops are inexperienced at handling and positioning in a frame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...