Image Map

Friday, August 9, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

Normally I LOVE Fridays! But this Friday is a sad one. It's the last Friday of SUMMER! Next Friday is "Meet the Teacher" and Brittany and I will be meeting our new students and their families! Earlier this week I had lunch with one of my former students, Ryan and his sweet grandma. It was a reminder that my first graders (of only two months ago) are about to be second graders. It was also a bit sad that I will not being seeing their smiling faces in the halls. My former students visit every Friday before the bell rings to give me some "Good news for goodies" and it's something I've always really enjoyed! It's a great way to make sure they are staying on the right track! I'm really excited about a new school year but also a little nervous because it feels a lot like being a new teacher again. I know our coworkers and new students will be very accepting, though. It's a sweet, little town and we've already been given a very warm welcome! Just wish I could take all my kiddos with me!

We made our school-change official the other day when we went to go pick up our new I.D badges!

Fancy, I know! Why must all id/license pictures look more like mug shots?  I wanted to spend my last day of summer doing something F-U-N and I chose to spend most of the day on the couch watching a lot of TV... it was perfect! I also did some reading and of course... some blogging! I'm working on a packet for our new reading series. I'm still on unit 1 but hope to be finished soon. Here's a sneak peak..





So far the packet is already 15 pages and it's only for 1 week but I made sure to incorporate activities for all different levels and teachers can use this packet to differentiate activities according to student needs. I plan on having a packet for every week/unit in our new series so I have a lot of work to do! I'm going to get back to my relaxing Friday and put this packet on hold until next week! For all of our friends who are back to school already, good luck and we hope it went smoothly! 

2 comments:

  1. You reminded me I need to get my new badge! I'm not changing school but my name changed so I need to do that! You'll be fine at your new school. You'll make new friends (easily) and fit right in! Have a great first week back!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two of you will have an awesome year, no matter where you are. You are both wonderful teachers! I ( and SO many others at HVE), are going to miss the both of you SO much! Our 1st grade will definitely not be the same! I can't wait to hear about your new year though! Your students are all very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...