We are pretty excited that two sweet teachers nominated our blog for The Liebster Award. Thank you Wendy from 1st Grade Fireworks and Jessica from Wild About Firsties for the nomination! We are thrilled and think your blogs are pretty amazing too! This award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers. We love blogging and are excited to contribute to the teaching blog community because it is AMAZING! The hardest thing about being a new blogger is getting started and gaining new followers. We love meeting new bloggers and really appreciate Wendy and Jessica nominating us for this new blogger award!
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot "tag back" the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
Here are the 11 questions and answers from our nominators:
1. How long have you been teaching?
This is Brittany's 5th year in the classroom and Melissa's 3rd.
2. Who is your favorite author?
We can't pick just one!! A few favorites that we do an "Author's Study" on are: Jan Brett, Kevin Henkes, Laura Numeroff, Leo Leoni, Dr. Seuss and Mo Williams
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
Brittany loves teaching reading and writing and Melissa loves teaching math! Another reason we make such a fantastic team!
4. Do you have a special talent?
Teaching! It's our superpower!
5. What do you do when you are not teaching?
When we aren't teaching you can most likely find us together. We enjoy bargain shopping, we try and have girls nights in *GNI* as often as possible with some healthy apps we learned from pinterest, Brittany's fiance and Melissa's boyfriend are good friends too so we like to have a night on the town with the boys when we can!
6. What is your favorite movie?
Brittany- 50 First Dates
Melissa- I love so many movies! It depends on my mood!
7. How long have you been blogging?
Only about a month but we've been following the blogging world for over two years now!
8. What are your plans for Christmas this year?
We have A LOT of Christmas plans this year. We are planning a "Christmas Cocktail" with some of our close friends. We are hosting it together. We are planning lots of fun events for our Classroom. In fact, we will be posting our Christmas Calendar next week! As for the actual Christmas holiday we both plan to spend it with family!
9. What websites do you visit most often?
Pinterest, Facebook and all of our favorite teaching blogs like Cara Carrol's- First Grade Parade and Babbling Abby- Inspired Apple
10. Do you have children of your own?
Not yet! Someday...
11. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Brittany would love to go to Italy and Melissa would love to see Europe!
Here are the 11 questions for blogs that we have nominated:
1. What do you love most about teaching? Least?
2. Do you have a favorite teaching blog?
3. Have you always wanted to be a teacher?
4. What is your favorite grade to teach?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. Why did you start a teaching blog?
7. Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks?
8. Do you follow the Common Core Standards?
9. What is your favorite place to vacation?
10. Favorite place to shop?
11. What is your favorite recipe?
Blogs we are nominating:
The Paper Maid